Who We Are
Storybook Tree Services is a locally owned Oakville business offering tree care services to its large clientele base within the GTA.
We stress the utmost RELIABILITY AND SAFETY on all jobs and constant vigilance and mindfulness is of the utmost importance on our crew. Being aware of inherent dangers in the tree industry and the knowledge to avoid them is most important. We are members of the International Society of Arboriculture (ISA) and encourage employees obtain proper certifications and Arborist Licensing. All Storybook employees have an expectation to continuously promote our services and products and embrace the importance of networking to bring more business connections.About the Team
Our staff is trained in the upkeep of various species of trees and we are equipped to handle any pruning or tree removal undertaking regardless of size. We are pleased of our reputation assisting the local municipality in maintenance and removal of designated trees. Storybook Tree Services is an active member of the International Society of Arboriculture in Ontario and TCIA Tree Care Industry Association and adheres to arboricultural standards in your town or city. We carry $5 million in liability insurance and are covered under Workplace Safety and Insurance Board (WSIB). We are active in the business community and belong to the Oakville Chamber of Commerce.About You
The skills and responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
A day in the life of our Tree Climbers:
- Strong knowledge of tying and specific uses for tree-industry knots;
- Safety for all types of equipment used (Chipper, Stump Grinder, Chain Saw);
- Act as a reliable member of the team responsive to visual cues and hand signals from the Climber and acting promptly with ground support;
- Wears appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE);
- Assist with fertilizing & spraying for pests/insect control; • Keeping the work area clear of debris, cleaning up limbs and branches as they are brought down during tree cutting work. Raking the area clear to maintain the safety zone;
- Lining up branches and piling appropriately for loading into the Chipper;
- Keeping tools in the staging area and safe zone;
- Assuring that all lines are kept clear at all times;
- Assist with driving, backing, dumping, and parking duties; • Assist with site cleanup;
- Being attentive to the Climber’s cues throughout the job, always keeping their eyes on the Climber;
- Ability to pull, push, and lift up to 60 lbs and work in hot or cold weather conditions.
- Climbing trees using the proper climbing hooks and belts, or climb ladders to gain access to work areas;
- Collecting debris and refuse from tree trimming and removal operations into piles to be handled as each job specifies. Hauling, chipping and maintaining a cleared safe work zone;
- Trimming, topping, limbing-up, pruning, and shaping trees and shrubs following arboriculture practices;
- Cabling, bracing, tying, bolting, staking and guying trees and branches.